<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> </head><body>












Sunday, January 06, 2013
What I would give to go back to Istanbul and relish at the sights of mosques with their enchanting Ottoman architectural style, visit the museums I never ever got to visit, walk through the Grand Bazaar and be amazed by the myriad of Turkish lamps (PS. I am still miffed that I didn't get to buy a djembe), pig out on Turkish food like Turkish ice cream and delicious Turkish crepes I never got the name of and Turkish street food.

What I would give to go back to Egypt, Cairo in particular but also Alexandria and Luxor again. Visit Sinai this time (shame that I never got to visit Sinai before all this political chaos that's ruining the wonderful country that is Egypt), actually go inside the Giza pyramids this time (pretty sure that the Giza pyramids are very much like all other pyramids but I don't wanna just stare at a UNESCO world heritage site from outside, on a camel's hump), spend two whole days at the National Museum, re-visit all the amazing amazing temples and ancient ruins and marvel at the complexity of hieroglyphs, watch the infinite stars overflow in the desert nightsky, visit a Coptic church for once in my life.

What I would give to visit Greece and be awed by archaeological ruins and ancient temples, in all their former glory. What I would give to visit London and Paris and Rome and Venice and Barcelona and Prague. What I would give to visit Morocco and Jordan and Tunisia and Israel and South Africa. What I would give to visit San Francisco and New York City and Brooklyn and Boston and Louisiana and the Caribbean islands. What I would give to visit Vietnam and Myanmar and Cambodia and Bali and Java and New Delhi and Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.

What I would give to watch The Beatles and Oasis and Bon Iver and The Killers and Radiohead and Arcade Fire and The National and Beach House and Damien Rice and Foals live. (Also Stars but this will very soon be fulfilled :))

I would also very much like to re-watch Kings of Convenience (but this is gonna happen in exactly 20 days time) and Snow Patrol. Maybe Passion Pit and Broken Social Scene and Belle and Sebastian and Death Cab if it were indoors and more intimate.

I would also very much like to go back to Hawaii (because a seven-year-old girl couldn't have taken in and absorbed everything about a lovely place like Hawaii very well) and Hong Kong (ahmagaz food!) and Bangkok (ahmagaz food! And Chatuchak). Maybe Bangalore if only for the wonderful friends I made at Cluny Convent. Maybe Vienna if only for the cafes and food. Oh and I would like to go back to Salzburg too because I went there alone on a cold and rainy day in a limited time of 4 hours and I was miserable and couldn't explore much.

What I would give to visit all these new indie cafes in Singapore. What I would give... for money, for music, for food, for travel. What I would give to study and study and study. Anthropology and archaeology and history and Southeast Asian Studies and European Studies and African Studies and Religious Studies and Philosophy and Literature and Art History. What I would give for time to read, to listen to music. What I would give for money, really. To buy clothes and shoes, to buy food, to buy music and books and an education and traveling. To do odd jobs like an anthropologist, a travel writer/tv producer, a museum curator, a historian, an archaeologist, a book store owner, a music store owner - while not having to give a damn about money and taxes and housing and daily living.

What I would give to find my soulmate and the love of my life, my Prince Charming, my Seth Cohen/Tom Hansen, my indie geek. What I would give to be happy and unbroken. And I guess, most importantly, what I would give to be 5 and a kid/little girl again.
1:07 AM;